Check out Disney’s newest kingdom – My Allergy Kingdom!
This website was created by Disney in collaboration with Mylan (the makers of the EpiPen auto injector). It features an educational website, a cookbook, and a children’s storybook.
- Information for newly diagnosed kids and parents, with lots of questions answered covering topics such as nut free schools, how to make sure your teenager is vigilant about their allergies, and travelling with allergies.
- Expert tips and advice from parents who share their experience in dealing with severe allergies.
- Recipes for meals and treats free from the top eight food allergens.
- Blog posts from allergy moms Angie, whose son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, and Teresa whose daughter is allergic to peanuts and almonds, featuring advice and experience.
- Crafts and projects for allergic kids.
- Information about local events for people with allergies.
Books for Kids with Food Allergies
They also have a special eBook called “Show and Tell Scout”, which features Disney characters including Scout, a young fox who is living with severe peanut and milk allergies. Scout learns to teach his friends, and the reader, about how he handles his allergies.
Another book, a cookbook featuring more than 40 allergy friendly recipes inspired by Disney characters will also be available soon.
Allergy Friendly Menus at Walt Disney Resorts
Disney also offer allergy friendly menus at 120 of their restaurant locations. Food allergies are on the rise and since Disney restaurants cater to large amounts of kids and adults with food allergies (they had 650,000 special dietary requests in 2013 alone), they have developed these high quality, allergy safe alternatives to their regular menu.
The new menus provide allergen content for each item. Including appetizers, entrées, sides, desserts and kid’s meals. All of the most common allergens are included; gluten/wheat, milk, peanut, tree nut and fish.
Guests can still consult directly with the chef for more information or for allergies not covered on the menu.
If you are travelling to a Walt Disney resort with a food allergic child, make sure you check out our range of products to keep your child safe. Our EpiPen case range keeps your adrenaline pens safe and accessible, our child safety wristbands and temporary tattoos make sure your child won’t get lost, and our kid’s travel wristbands are eye catching in 4 languages!
Image credit: © 2015 Disney.
Disclaimer: The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Allergy Lifestyle Limited (t/a) Allergy Lifestyle) uses reasonable endeavours to check the accuracy of information provided however no warranty is given that they are error-free.