Tips for managing allergies at Halloween.
- Explain your child’s allergies to friends and family and ensure you have a pre-approved stash of allergy free treats.
- Agree that nothing will be eaten until all treats are checked and that any treats that contain your child’s food allergen can be swapped for something suitable.
- Ingredients of ‘fun size’ sweets may differ from the regular – size bars so check the wrapper every time.
- Sometimes allergy info. may not be displayed when the sweets come from a bigger pack, so if in doubt throw it out and replace it with an allergy friendly treat.
- Consider non sweet Halloween themed alternatives that won’t break the bank:
- Spooky/sparkly stickers.
- Plastic jewellery.
- Halloween themed colouring pages.
- Rings in the shape of spiders/bats.
- Whoopee cushions.
- Glow in the dark sticks.
For lots more Allergy-safe tips check our Instagram Page @allergy.lifestyle
For a great range of products to support your allergy needs Check out AllergyLifestyle.com shop today
Stay informed, stay safe with AllergyLifestyle.com – Sign up to our newsletter today
Scroll down and sign up to our newsletter in the footer below, bottom right
Disclaimer: The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Allergy Lifestyle Limited (t/a) Allergy Lifestyle) uses reasonable endeavours to check the accuracy of information provided however no warranty is given that they are error-free. Always seek the advice of an allergy specialist and follow your anaphylaxis emergency care. Allergy Lifestyle Ltd reserves the right to modify, add, or remove any content, product, or service at any time without prior notice.