Insulated Case for EPIPEN auto-injector – FRIO Zipper Wallet
The FRIO Zipper Wallet holds up to 3 EpiPens or Jext adrenaline auto injectors. Frio wallets contain a patented crystal technology to keep your pens at a safe temperature for up to 45 hours.
Each Frio case has two wallets; an outer wallet for protection and evaporation, and an inner wallet which contains the crystals. This part is activated by placing in cold water, then drained and dried gently.
The Frio cases work by evaporation. The water trapped in the crystals is slowly evaporated to keep medications cool. The crystals form a gel when activated and will need reactivation once the gel starts to reform into crystals. The Frio case should not be kept in an airtight or waterproof container as the evaporation cannot work without contact with air.
After 45 hours of use, the wallet should be reactivated for continuous use.
The Frio Zipper Wallet has a zip across the top to protect your medications and keep them safe.
The large case holds:
- Up to three EPIPEN®, Anapen®, Jext® or Emerade®* auto injectors;
- Up to 3 x Humira® pens (large);
- Up to 4 x Enbrel® pens (large);
- Up to 5 standard sized insulin injection pens either pre-filled disposable or refillable;
- Up to 10 x 3 ml cartridges;
- Up to 15 x 1.5 ml cartridges;
- Up to 5 x 10 ml vials (bottles);
- A combination of pens, vials and cartridges
- Has an inner wallet to keep pens cool and an outer zipped wallet to keep pens safe;
- Works for up to 45 hours, can be reactivated easily;
- Keeps temperature sensitive medications cool and safe;
- No ice packs or refrigeration required;
- Reusable evaporative cooler – activates with water;
- Ideal for daily use and recommended for travel.
Frio Large Size: Inner Wallet: 20cm height x 16cm width
Cover dimensions: 21cm height x 16cm width
Frio Grande Size: Inner Wallet: 10 cm (H) x 26.5 cm (W); 4″ (H) x 10.5″ (W)
Cover dimensions: 1.0-1.5 cm (0.25″-0.75″) taller and wider then the inner wallet dimensions stated.
Winner of the UK 2016 Outdoor Industries Product Of The Year Award
N.B. This product & packaging was originally designed for carrying insulin pens but is suitable for carrying all kinds of temperature sensitive medicines including adrenaline pens, Humira® pens and Enbrel® pens.
*The Emerade pen will fit in the large zipped FRIO wallet but it does not hold the hard case supplied with the pen. The hard cases will fit in the Frio Grande wallet.
Note: We recommend that a waterproof liner is used with metal pens or with any electronic timing device or any accessory with electronic components to protect it from moisture.
EPIPEN® is a registered trademark of Mylan Inc. Mylan Inc. does not sponsor or endorse the products referenced or sold on these web pages.
Note: It is important that the immersion time is strictly monitored and adhered to so that the correct amount of water is absorbed. Over-soaking can render the wallet unusable. Should this occur, the wallet must be allowed to dry naturally until it returns to a usable size.
C (verified owner) –
I spent an entire day at the beach (30-35 degrees Celcius), and the product kept my meds cool. Other items in my backpack were hot but I could feel the epipens being cool and safe inside the case.
Gill Morton (verified owner) –
I used this for the first time over Easter weekend and I was amazed how long the gel pack stayed cool. Excellent product.